Flood Water Control
Flood Plain Mapping
• Prepare flood plain maps and collaborate with ODPEM in declaration of Floodwater Control areas.
• Gives approval for implementing structures to mitigate the flood impacts based on EIA submitted.
• Co-ordinate the preparation and implementation of the Floodwater Control Master Plan.
• Collaborate with ODPEM in the identification of sites for installation of early warning systems.
Flood Damage Assessment
• Review flood impact assessment submitted by NEPA and other agencies.
• Conduct research to upgrade technical capacity and improve the knowledge base.
• Implement public education programmes on the nature of flooding and the impact of land based activities on flooding.